Saturday, September 23, 2017

Tournament time

Nick's had a soccer tournament scheduled for this weekend for several months. It wasn't looking too hectic, as Sam's calendar was free of games. Until earlier this week when he was invited to play with a team one division up. So, now both boys have a full tournament schedule this weekend. They are guaranteed three games each (two today, one tomorrow), and if either team does well, there will be a fourth game on Sunday. 

I like watching both boys play soccer, but this is a lot, even for me. ;-) I'm leaving for London tomorrow evening, so here's what else needs to happen this weekend:

  • Soccer. Lots & lots of soccer
  • I'm attending a girls painting/wine party this evening. It's something I won at the school auction, and is led by one of my friends. Looking forward to this, as I hardly ever get a chance to see her. 
  • Work out, x2. I'm on a bit of a roll & want to keep up the positive momentum before my trip
  • Pack
  • Make a Costco list
  • Go to Costco
  • And the produce stand
  • Return library books
  • Shred parmesan cheese for the freezer
  • M is going to try to fix our car. One of the windows won't roll all the way up. 
  • Finish all of the laundry before I head out
  • Time permitting, make an extra batch of muffins for the freezer
I also just found out from our team manager that the tournament facility has an entry fee. Not impressed. All of the fields around here are free, and with that many games, and our schedule, it looks like we'll be paying a minimum of $20+ for entry fees. Not frugal at all!

What about you? What's on your weekend agenda? 

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of entry fees for outdoor tournaments but everything in youth sports seems to be rising. When my girls played traveling basketball, entry fees were killers-hard on grandparents and others that would have liked to come watch a game, but not stay for the whole tournament. I'm exhausted reading your list-and I should be motivated to get started on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our week was very hectic, with one evening's meet keeping us out until near 8 p.m., so I deliberately planned NOTHING for this weekend. We will have tons to do, though. We don't do the to and fro very well in this house. My dd has band practice today, which will require transportation, but that's it for obligations outside the home. I am pretty proud of Dd--she was invited to take an additional ballet class, but opted not to accept the spot until marching band season ended, even if it meant forfeiting her spot. She didn't want to over commit herself. Had she accepted the spot, I would have gladly driven her, but I think she made the best decision. By and large, we all enjoy being home when we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When our kids were younger we had to pay entry fees for just about half of the weekend tournaments. There never seemed to be any rhyme or reason why, but it did make for many additional expenses.

    ReplyDelete